Skip to main content

2021 planner made from craft supplies and old planners

One of my goals is to use the craft and planner products I have versus buying new ones. To be honest, I still buy supplies, but not as much . I've found this goal has crept into my planning world as much as my crafting world. What do I mean by that? Let me tell you.

Paper Planner

I've been a paper planner since college. My first planner was a Franklin Covey. I loved it. Through the years, I've tried online planning. It's good for keeping track of my appointments - love those pop-up reminders - but it doesn't help me track my projects and my notes. I'm more of a visual person. Even in school, I could remember where on a page of notes the answer for a test question was located.

I've been trying to find a planner that would allow me to plan my work projects, home projects, memories, and more. You know, the "Perfect Planner." I think the "Perfect Planner" is a moving target. What's perfect today, may not be perfect next week or next year. I'm looking for my "Practical Planner."

Since starting my blog and working on more crafting projects, I realized I liked having a planner to track projects and ideas. I track things such as; when I want to post my blog, blog topic ideas, draft posts, images needed, etc. Instead of going out and buying another planner, I decided to challenge myself and create my own planner for 2021. I've built up an assortment of planner supplies, so I went to my product stash and did an inventory of what I had. This is what happened next.

2021 Practical Planner

As I dug through my supplies, I found a variety of unused monthly planner sections - all different styles. I went online to find out what months and years matched with 2021. I then set those months aside. For the months that didn't align, I used the leftover months and made my own. I added washi tape, whiteout, and stickers to make the months that didn't match work for my project. Plus, I added a section in the back of old notebook paper for notes.

It's not perfect at all. But, I'm using the products and craft supplies that I have. And, to be honest that felt great! This Practical Planner will be just right for my crafting and blogging needs. I'll let you know how it works as I start to use it. 

Let me know what you think. How do you like to plan your projects and activities? On paper? Electronically? A hybrid approach?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Hack

 How many times have you seen something and said to yourself, "I can make that?"  Recently, I was using my stencils to create some layouts in my planner. I noticed that I would hold the stencil down so hard, so it wouldn't move, that I would get a cramp in my hand. While shopping online I saw this cool tool that was a craft board with a magnetic ruler. I couldn't believe how this tool would be great for what I needed. I quickly put it in my shopping cart, but didn't purchase it right away. The next day, while I was thinking about the tool in my shopping cart, I noticed a cute metal board I had in my craft room. I looked at the sign and realized that this would be perfect as a metal board for my stenciling. I ran around the house looking for magnets that would hold my stencil and paper down and not have to worry about cramps in my hand. Unfortunately, I didn't find the magnets. So I went to the nearest hardware store and found what I was looking for. I got home...

Paint chips. Not just for home renovation anymore.

  If you've ever painted a room, you've taken a trip to the paint store or Do-it-Yourself store. There you found a wall full of paint chips to help you decide what color to paint your room. A paint chip is simply a small example of colors to help you decide what color you may want to use. But, can the paint chip be used for more? Yes, it can! If you’re like me, you look at the rainbow of colors and think about so many craft possibilities. You can find many ideas on ways to use paint chips for your crafts. Simply search for “paint chips diy” or “paint sample art” and you’ll find lots of ideas. Today, I’m going to share a few of the ways that I’ve used paint chips in my craft projects.  Idea #1: Journal card Before I travel I create a travel journal and add items that can be used while I’m on my trip. That’s where paint chips come in. I recently went to Italy - long before COVID - and I  had a pink paint chip in my journal. I love the color pink, and I thought I might find ...